To successfully complete this Task, you and your teammates will be required to:
- Sign the Hippocratic Oath: before beginning your career as doctors, you will be required to read and sign the HIppocratic Oath before accepting and treating patients, ensuring all soon-to-be doctors understand the role of ethics in medicine
- Complete Associated Research: all doctors on this team will be required to investigate, as thoroughly as possible, the causes of, symptoms of, and potential treatments for eight health conditions. Since there will be limited time to complete the task, working efficiently as a group will be critical.
- Meet your patients: Based on both the knowledge obtained from medical school and the medical records provided by the eight patients, you as the doctors will develop an initial hypothesis.
- Run diagnostic tests on patients: doctors will conduct labs to help diagnose the eight patients.Urinalysis, HIV Test, Digestive By-Product and BMI Analysis, Lung Capacity, Blood Smears, Chest X-ray, Blood Glucose Test, Pregnancy Test
- Diagnose patients and develop a prognosis: once the group reaches a consensus regarding each patient’s appropriate diagnosis, the medical chart must be completed so that (a) all patients can thoroughly understand their prognosis and (b) a treatment plan can be prescribed.
- Develop a presentation report: All doctors will be evaluated on their ability to collect, analyze evidence, make connections and predict outcomes based on all of the information gathered from research and labs compiled in their Grand Rounds Presentation.